THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION WAS EXTENDED TO OCTOBER 14th
CALL FOR PAPERS
EURA YOUNG SCHOLAR PRIZE
For the 1st edition of its Annual Conference, the EURA Center of Excellence Regulation of Robotics and Artificial Intelligence focuses on one of the most interesting topics involving the implications of the use of robotics and AI: “Human Robot Interaction between Trust and Deception” that will be held in Pisa on the 31th of October 2019, at the Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna.
Can we conceive the relationship between robots and humans in terms of trust? Can robots induce human beings to develop an emotional attachment if not entirely delusional feelings? Might self-determination suffice in legitimizing such deceptive practices?
Worldwide renowned scholar will take part to the conference discussing and seeking answers to such questions and more.
With the aim of fostering the active involvement of young scholars with the topic of the conference, we are pleased to invite submission of papers from researchers under 35 years old, addressing the following topics:
- AI and sentiment analysis
- AI and social justice
- AI personhood and post human rights
- Voice-based agents, robots, and social bots
- Human enhancement
- Human-robot interaction
- Data protection, consumer protection, safety and trust
- Ethically-aligned design
Papers will go through a review process coordinated by the Program Committee including Prof. Erica Palmerini, Dr. Andrea Bertolini, Dr. Francesca Episcopo, Dr. Sira Grosso. The committee will extend to the author of the best selected paper an invitation to present his or her work at the conference. EURA will cover travel and accommodation expenses.
Papers that are already published (or accepted for publication) are also eligible.
There are no word limits.
Papers should be sent to email@example.com by October 10th 2019 together with a recent Curriculum vitae and copy of ID, all in .pdf format.
The winner will be notified by October 15th 2019.
- Eligible candidate: researcher under 35 year old
- Eligible paper: working paper/accepted for publication/published; no word limits
- What to send: paper, cv, ID copy all in .pdf format
- Paper submission: October 10th 2019
- Notification sent to proposers: October 15th 2019
- Submission via mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Review process: by the Program Committee
The Scientific Committee