EURA is proud to announce the 2nd edition of its annual conference, “Regulating UncertAInty”!
The Conference will be held on Zoom on the 8th and 9th of April 2021 and will discuss the different questions involved in the regulation of artificial intelligence against intrinsically uncertain scenarios.
Internationally-renowned scholars will take part in the conference discussing and seeking answers to such questions and more.
What is the relationship between law and ethics? Can and should ethics be used for regulatory purposes? What is the most appropriate level for regulating AI: local, regional, international or global? To what extent should we rely on alternatives to the traditional top-down, command-and-control regulation, to deal with the challenges posed by AI? What are the legitimacy and democratic issues triggered by the involvement of private actors in the regulation of new technologies? Which is the most appropriate moment for regulating emerging technologies? How can lawmakers and policymakers ensure that regulation does not have a chilling effect, and neither is simply-reactive to market developments? How can AI deal with global challenges?
To foster the active involvement of young scholars with the topic of the Conference, we are pleased to invite submission of papers from researchers under 35 years old, addressing the following topics:
- Legal definition and understanding of AI
- Ethics as a regulatory tool
- The relationship between law and ethics in regulating technology
- Local, international and global stakes in the regulation of AI
- Regulating technology vs regulating via technology
- Collaborative governance, risk regulation, and public-private partnerships in regulating AI
- Risk management and the precautionary principle
- AI and social/distributive justice
- Environmental protection, climate change, resource distribution
We accept all papers – be they published, unpublished or accepted for publications –, from all relevant disciplines – law, philosophy, engineer, political science, and a combination thereof.
PLEASE MAKE SURE TO SEND US YOUR PAPER BY MARCH 22nd 2021 AND TO DOWNLOAD THE ATTACHMENT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION.