You are here
- SELECTED PUBLICATIONS
- RESEARCH INTERESTS
Full Professor of Philosophy of Media and Technology at the Department of Philosophy, University of Vienna since 2015. Since 2014 he is also (part-time) Professor of Technology and Social Responsibility at the Center of Computing and Social Responsibility, De Montfort University, UK. Currently he is President of the Society for Philosophy and Technology (SPT) and a member of the steering committee of ETHICOMP. Prof. Cockelberg is a member of the High Level Expert Group on Artificial Intelligence for the European Commission. Currently, he is involved in European research projects in the area of robotics.
- Using Words and Things: Language and Philosophy of Technology. Routledge, New York and Oxon, 2017.
- New Romantic Cyborgs:Romanticism, Information, Technology, and the End of the Machine. MIT Press, 2017.
- Money Machines: electronic financial technologies, distancing, and responsibility in global finance. Burlignton, 2017.
- Enviromental skill: motivation, knowledge, and the possibility of a non-romantic environmental ethics, London, 2015.
- Human being @ risk: enhancement, technology, and the evaluation of vulnerability transformations. Springer, New York, 2013.
Philosophy of technology, including philosophy of robotics, automation and artificial intelligence (AI); ethics: virtue ethics, ethics of technology, ethics of robotics, ethics of information technology, computer ethics, health care ethics, environmental ethics, animal ethics; epistemology; environmental philosophy; moral philosophy.