You are here
- SELECTED PUBLICATIONS
- COURSES TAUGHT
- RESEARCH INTERESTS
Full professor of Applied Legal Theory, Coordinator of the PhD program in Law, J.D and PhD at the Dirpolis Institute at the Scuola Sant’Anna, taught Legal Philosophy at the Law Faculty in Pisa and Parma. Member of the Academic Senate and Director for almost a decade of the Department of Law & Social Studies in Parma was a visiting fellow at several Law Schools, including Yale, Northwestern in Chicago, and “ F. Braudel” Professorial Fellow at the EUI; Invited Research Fellow at the UNSW in Sydney; Inaugural Fellow of the Straus Institute, NYU; “McCormick” Fellow, Edinburgh; Distinguished G.G. Fellow, Schuman Center (EUI), and other. In the editorial or scientific board of a number of academic journals (Law and Philosophy, the Hague Journal on the Rule of Law, Krytyka Prawa, Moscow State U. Kutafin Law Review, and others), he published ten books, some translated into other languages, two collections on the Rule of law (with N. Walker, Oxford 2009; and with L. Morlino, Leiden 2010) and is presently editing with Jan Klabbers, a C.U.P. volume on reconceiving law as “Interlegality” in the supranational setting.
Contrasti normativi oltre lo Stato (Lezioni Magistrali, Napoli, Editoriale Scientifica), 2018.
On the Past and the Future of The Transformation of Europe: Law, Governance, Rights, and Politics in the EU Evolution”, in M. Maduro and M. Wind, The Transformation of Europe: Twenty-Five Years On, Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 2017, pp. 176-93.
- Beyond Legality, Before Democracy: Rule of Law Caveats in the EU Two Levels System, in C. Closa, D. Kochenov, Reinforcing Rule of Law Oversight in the European Union, Cambridge University Press, 2016, pp. 36-59.
- E’ possibile una legalità globale? Il Rule of Law e la governance del mondo, 2012, Bologna, Il Mulino.
Structures and Process in the Constitutional Self: Coping with the Future?’, International Journal of Constitutional Law, vol. 8, Issue 3, 2011 pp. 657- 674.
Palombella et al., Rule of Law and Democracy. Internal and External Issues ,Brill, LeidenBoston, 2010.
- Concepts and consequences: the law through conceptual couples (human rights-fundamental rights, certainty-balance, legislation-rights, validity-system; rule of law-rule by law; interpretation-application).
- Approaches to applying legal theory and inter-orders adjudication
- PhD research and how to write a PhD dissertation
- Methodological problems of research in law
Applied Legal Theory (in Constitutional, Private and International Law). Rule of Law. Interlegality, Justice and Adjudication. European Union Government and Governance; Transnational Legal Theory; Human Rights and Fundamental Rights ; Constitutions, Democracy and Constitutionalism; Legal Interpretation and Argumentation.