You are here
- SELECTED PUBLICATIONS
- RESEARCH INTERESTS
Arianna Martinelli is an Assistant Professor at the Institute of Economics at the Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna in Pisa. She has a PhD in Economics (Economics of Innovation) from the Eindhoven University of Technology and a MSc in Industry and Innovation Analysis from SPRU (Science Policy Research Unit) at Sussex University.
Arianna’s research interests are on economics of innovation with a specific focus on the economics of Intellectual Property Rights (IPR), technological standards, and the role of international knowledge transfers in technological catching up. Recently, she has become interested in green patents and responsible innovation. She has published in several international journals including Research Policy, Journal of Economic Geography, World Development and Technological Forecasting and Social Change.
- Martinelli et al., Disclosure Rules and Declared Essential Patents”, NBER Working Paper No. 23627 (2017).
- Martinelli et al., Drivers of knowledge accumulation in electronic waste management: An analysis of publication data”, Research Policy (published by Elsevir), 46 (5), (2017)
- Martinelli et al., The causal effect of including standards-related documentation into patent prior art: evidence from a recent EPO policy change”, LEM (Laboratory of Economics and Management) Working Paper, Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna 2016 /11
- Martinelli et. al.(2015), “Is Co-Invention Expediting Technological Catch Up? A Study of Collaboration between Emerging Country Firms and EU inventors”, World Devel- opment, 77, 192?205
- Martinelli et. al. (2014), “Measuring knowledge persistence: A genetic approach to patent citation network”, Journal of Evolutionary Economics, 24(3), 623-652.
Economics of technological standards and IPR, Industrial dynamics of ICT, Measurement of innovation and University- industry linkage, and she has authored more than twenty papers on these topics.