You are here
- SELECTED PUBLICATIONS
- RESEARCH INTERESTS
Professor of Economic History and Director of the Institute of Economics at the Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna. He holds a degree in Economics from Bocconi University, Milan, Italy and a PhD from Eindhoven University of Technology, the Netherlands. His He is author and co-author of several publications on the most national and international prestigious journals including Economic History Review, Technology and Culture, Industrial and Corporate Change, Explorations in Economic, History, Journal ofEvolutionary Economics, Business History Review, Research Policy, Cambridge Journal of Economics, Transactions of the Newcomen Society.
- Nuvolari et. al., Knowledge Sharing among Inventors: Some Historical Perspectives’ in Harhoff, D. and Lakhani, K. (eds.), Revolutionizing Innovation: Users, Communities and Open Innovation, Cambridge (MA): MIT Press, 2017, pp. 135-155.
- Nuvolari et. al.,Reassessing Patent Propensity: Evidence from a Dataset of R&D Awards, 1977-2004’, Research Policy, vol. 42, pp. 1780-1792.
- Nuvolari et. al., An Empirical Study on the Determinants of Essential Patent Claims in Compatibility Standards’, Research Policy, vol. 40, 2011, pp. 1001-1015.
- Nuvolari et. al., ‘The Early Development of the Steam Engine: An Evolutionary Interpretation using Complexity Theory’, Industrial and Corporate Change, vol. 13, pp. 419-450.
- Nuvolari et. al.,Intellectual Property Protection in Plant Varieties: a Worldwide Index (1961-2011)’, Research Policy, vol. 44, pp. 951- 964.
Science and technology in the emergence and consolidation of modern economic growth; the Industrial Revolution in England; Connection between patents and inventive activities.